While on a hiking & camping trip, John Scott picked a mushroom and ate it without realizing that it was a hallucinogenic mushroom. What resulted from that mistake was his NDE, which would go on to change his life forever. This is not considered simply a drug-induced hallucination because the amount of mushroom he consumed was over-the-top as far as dose, and the experience had the other normal NDE signatures such as leaving the body and traveling through a tunnel to a light, etc. However, I would assume that the experience in it’s entirety had some of each (both NDE and a hallucinogenic experience) because he said that it lasted for three days, and I doubt he was actually “dead” for three days.
I have had the pleasure of being a part of a conversation with John Scott over the last few days in which I and others asked him many questions. I found his information to make a lot of sense to me and I highly resonated with what he has said.
The video below is an interview that Lisa Harrison did with him in June of 2012. I think the information is still just as valid today as it was the day it was done. I have made notes which I will post for you below. This is a two hour interview and they very briefly cover so many subjects. I’m sure if you have a burning question for him, I could pass it along to him for you and get back with you with the answer. Or you can join the Facebook Group Near Death Experiences, and ask him yourself there.